For hundreds of years, asbestos was used as insulation. Dating back to the era of ancient Rome, it has been known for its ability to insulate against heat. However, in the twentieth century, it became clear that asbestos was also a carcinogen. When asbestos is fragmented into fibres and inhaled, it can cause respiratory diseases and cancer. Thus, many countries banned the use of asbestos; however, it was used in homes and office buildings for decades. If you haven’t inspected for asbestos and suspect you might have asbestos in your home, you need to take a few steps.
Call the Experts
If you think you have asbestos in your home or business, you need to call an expert in asbestos surveys and removals in Wednesbury. Don’t try to analyse or remove it yourself. Asbestos is actually not nearly as dangerous when it is left undisturbed. To be truly dangerous, it has to be separated into fibres and inhaled. If you can avoid that, you can avoid most of the danger of asbestos. Disturbing it by trying to analyse it or remove it will greatly increase the chances of you being exposed to tits he dangers.
Do Your Research
Asbestos was used as a building material until the 1980s or so. So, if you have a home that was built in the last ten or fifteen years, you almost certainly don’t have asbestos in your home. You should still have a professional analyse your property just to be sure; however, if you have a home that was built in the 1980s or earlier, you definitely need to have it inspected.
Your home could have asbestos in many different places. It is most commonly found in “popcorn” ceilings, in insulation in the walls, and in insulating paint. If you have not had your home tested for asbestos, you should do so promptly. Professionals will analyse the amount of asbestos and how best to eliminate the risk.