Carpet pile is a crucial factor when selecting a new carpet, and there are two main types of pile, which are:
- Cut Pile – The fibres are cut after they are weaved into the backing.
- Loop Pile – The fibres are looped, instead of cut.
Cut Pile Styles
The various cut pile styles include the following:
- Cut Pile Plush – A soft, upright finish that is rather formal.
- Cut Pile Twist – A luxurious feel that is also hardwearing, making it ideal for high traffic areas.
- Frieze – Longer pile gives it a shaggy look, and with fibres going off in all directions, the Frieze look is ideal for living rooms and bedrooms.
Loop Pile Styles
Loop pile also comes in a range of styles that include:
- Level Loop Pile – A textured loop finish that does not show footprints, and is suitable for high traffic areas.
- Multi–Level Loop Pile – This textured finish can create attractive patterns, with loop of different sizes.
- Sisal – A textured finish in straight rows that is also very durable.
- Level Cut and Loop Pile – A smooth finish that comes in a range of patterns with two different heights to make very attractive patterns.
Talk to your local carpets supplier in Walsall, who would stock all of the above pile types, plus a few more that we have not mentioned, and with their expertise, choosing the right carpet is never an issue. Investing in a new carpet should give you many years of trouble-free use, and with the right care and attention, the carpet should always look good.