You can choose from one of various stones to beautify the looks of your home’s exterior. Masons can also craft ornamental decorations for your home as well. These ornamental accents include the following:
- Frames or sills for doors or windows
Other Services Featured by Stonemasonry Companies
You can also ask stonemasons in Ayrshire to provide services for chimneys, cappings, columns, openings, entrances, reliefs, and porticos.
The Types of Stones That Are Regularly Used
Naturally, the stone you select is an important part of your home’s design, appearance, and integrity. Stones that are regularly used for exterior work include the following:
- Locharbriggs is a red sandstone that varies in colour. It can range from pink to red and features veining that is black.
- Lazonby is a sandstone that is medium-grained. Because it includes quartz grains, the salmon-hued stone offers a nice gleam.
- Red St Bees is a dark red coloured sandstone that originates from St Bees, Whitehaven.
- Halldale is a stone that is coloured buff with brown speckles or pink tones. The stone ranges from fine- to coarse-grained.
- Stanton Moor is known for its dependable quality and its fine- to medium-grained grit. The buff-hued stone features variations of pink and gold in its colouring.
Talk to a Stonemason Today
As you can see, you have a lot to contemplate when you are selecting a stone for the exterior of your home. Not only must you consider a stone’s texture but you also have to review the shades and tones. For further information, contact a stonemason with your questions and preferences.