The roof is the primary feature of a home, because without the roof, you house could not survive the elements. Therefore, if your roof is in poor shape, you must take immediate measures to upgrade it and install a new roof on your home.
You should contact a roofing company in Chichester if your roof is older and features the following problems:
- It leaks frequently when it rains.
- You spot missing or broken tiles.
Roofs are featured in pitched and flat-roof styles, with most flat roofs featuring a single-ply roof system. The single-ply membrane is preferred for a flat roof for the following reasons:
- It can be easily and safely installed with the welding of a hot air gun.
- The membranes are made with UV resistors and therefore supply excellent resistance to fading or degradation from the sun.
- The single-ply membrane roofs are resistant to fire, as well as self-extinguishing. Therefore, the roofs cannot be set aflame by cigarette butts.
If you have a flat roof, make sure you check out single-ply membrane systems, as they are well-revered in the roofing industry. You can also find other roofing materials that have received the same type of acclaim.
Whilst you have your roof inspected, you also want to have the chimney checked. Taking care of the masonry work on a chimney will keep your home or structure safer as well. Whenever you have a roof inspection done, always make sure you have the chimney evaluated at the same time.