In an effort to avoid incessant maintenance expenditures, equipment storage woes, and the exorbitant fees associated with purchasing brand new machinery, many modern construction companies are beginning to establish working relationships with equipment-for-hire firms to streamline day-to-day operations and cut costs across the board.
However, when taking into account the dense, multifaceted nature of today’s equipment-for-hire sector, it’s important to ensure that you’re partnering with the right organisation from the beginning, especially if customer service, timeliness, and affordability are your primary concerns.
Fortunately, you can refer to this brief article as your own personal checklist of sorts and use it to vet the local landscape before signing any type of contractual rental agreement.
A Wide Selection of Products
The most reputable construction hire companies in the UK, such as Abee Hire who pride themselves on being able to offer a one-stop-shop for all of your machinery and equipment needs, so make sure that the firm you end up partnering with can procure all of the following provisions on an in-house basis:
- Grab lorries
- Scaffolding and staging apparatuses
- Portable toilets and loos
- Miniature excavators and dumpers
- Full assortment of building materials; ranging from aggregates and concrete to timber products, bricks, blocks, sand, and more
- Concrete pouring and mixing services
- Storage containers and large-scale ampules
This will ensure you don’t have to mix and match various equipment providers in order to successfully complete your project. You’ll be able to work with a single company from start to finish, which saves time, money, and definitely takes a lot of stress off of your shoulders.
Standardised Consultation Process
Regardless of whether you happen to be a quaint residential homeowner or busy construction site foreman, you’ll want to be able to work hand-in-hand with your rental organisation to ensure a streamlined process from start to finish. In this regard, the most distinguished equipment-for-hire companies tend to feature the following aspects within their rental procedures:
- Procurement of all required permits and licenses for your upcoming project.
- Short-term or long-term rental agreements based on your specific needs.
- On-demand site visits, inspections, installations, and equipment repairs throughout the length of your agreement.
- Competitive rates, ideally with competitor price-match guarantees.
- Wide coverage area; for instance, being able to provide service anywhere within the M25.
Robust, Easy-to-Navigate Online Portal
After establishing a shortlist of the best-rated local firms (based on the above information), you can further whittle down your options by comparing and contrasting each company’s online infrastructure. With this notion in mind, be on the lookout for the following aspects:
- Straightforward enquiry process with no upfront fees or obligations thrown into the mix. Pay close attention to the “free quotation” moniker.
- Complete list of the firm’s in-house assortment of products, with detailed descriptions of equipment types, sizes, and models for each service category.
- 24/7/365 company hotline.
- Easily identifiable listing of the firm’s physical locations and coverage areas.
- Accessible skip size guides to help you ascertain the best refuse containers or roll-on ampules at a moment’s notice.