Your home’s plumbing system is comprised of an extensive network of pipes, tubes, and channels, all of which work in concert to expel wastewater and distribute clean water throughout your property. However, it is worth noting that this maze of pipework is susceptible to a host of different issues on a daily basis, the most prominent of which are shown below:
- Leaky Faucets: If a dripping faucet is releasing beads of water every two seconds, it will equate to thousands wasted litres of water per year, which will naturally cause your utility bills to skyrocket over
- Running Toilets: Usually caused by an internal water leak, it is important to note that running toilets can waste hundreds of litres of water per day; not to mention there are a host of other issues that come along with an inconspicuous leak within your piping network.
- Clogged Drainage: A congested drain can ruin your home’s ability to effectively expel wastewater, and, if not taken care of in an expeditious manner, will eventually cause smelly water to seep into your fresh water supply.
- Sump Pump Failure: From switch problems to installation issues, there are many factors that can cause your sump pump to fail, but in any case, this type of detriment can wreak havoc on your internal plumbing system, namely your discharge pipes.
As you can see, your plumbing network isn’t invincible by any stretch of the imagination, which is why it is so important to have a reputable plumbing company such as Prestige Plumbers logged into your list of contacts or tacked onto your refrigerator. But before you begin scouring the Internet for reputable local service providers, you need to understand exactly what defines a good plumbing firm in this day and age. In this regard, you should ensure that your shortlist is comprised only of firms that can handle the following services.
The most renowned plumbing companies have been in the business for multiple decades, and they tend to feature an impressive assortment of specialised equipment, which allows them to handle the following issues with unmatched precision and professionalism:
- Leaks, drips and burst pipes
- Running toilets and taps
- Copper, lead, or polyorc pipework
- Re-routing or redirecting water flow to perform intricate repairs on pressurised and unvented systems
- Shower repairs and installations
- Non-functioning tanks, cylinders, Saniflows, and radiators
If a given company is able to perform the above-mentioned tasks, they are more than worthy of a spot on your shortlist, but you’ll have to take an extra step in order to separate the contenders from the pretenders.
The most distinguished plumbing teams are constantly updating and augmenting their suite of services to keep up with local demand, so make sure that the firm you partner with is able to handle some of the more advanced residential issues, as show below:
- Broken thermostats, controls, or ductwork
- Central heating installations and repairs
- Motorised valve work
- Power flushes
- Immersion heater upkeep and maintenance
If you find a company that can handle all of these responsibilities, you will be able to rest easy knowing that you have an easily accessible team of plumbing experts waiting to solve any issues that may arise down the road.