Once your home has been burglarised, you will never take your security for granted again. However, why should you wait for this type of incident to happen? Instead, take measures now to ensure that your property is protected from intruders. According to locksmiths, improving your home’s or business’s security does not have to be difficult. You just need to know what tips to follow to prevent such activity.
How to Prevent a Burglary
Locksmiths who regularly make burglary repairs suggest that homeowners take action against burglars by doing the following:
- Windows in entrance doors should be at least one metre from locks or post boxes.
- Security locks should be fitted to windows, as needed.
- All garden equipment, ladders, and tools, should be stored in a shed, out of sight.
- A working alarm should be fitted to your residence that can be regularly used. Use a company that is known for its trusted lock repair services in Bromley to install the alarm.
- A dog is often a good deterrent for preventing a crime.
- If you go on holiday, keep the house and the outside of it illuminated.
- Secure both financially valuable and sentimental items inside a security safe inside your home.
An Added Advantage
When you can rely on a reliable locksmith, you have an added advantage. By depending on a locksmith’s services, you can stay on top of your current and future security needs. Should a break-in occur, make sure the locksmith offers 24/7 emergency board-up services. This permits victims to temporarily fix the problem before the insurance company arrives and assesses the damage.